Welcome to our wedding page – we can’t wait to have our family and close friends together to celebrate our special day.
ON THE DAY
- The Barn at Wildwood Hill Farm, 2179 Kangaloon Rd, East Kangaloon.
Date and Time:
- Sunday, 29 March 2020.
- 11.30 ceremony followed by a long lunch, Italian style! (please arrive by 11.15 at the latest).
- Smart casual with a country feel. Please wear sensible shoes as we’re on a working farm and the ground can be a little uneven.
- Barn is easily accessible by car. We have booked some buses with limited spaces – let us know when you RSVP and we’ll endeavour to accommodate as many as possible. Pick up and drop-off will be from Abbeydore.
- Southern Highlands Taxis are our local provider and you can pre-book (but be aware you may be charged a $20 country excess!).
- There is parking onsite.
- We have an amazing chef lined up who will will be serving as much of our own produce, as well as locally sourced, so there will be something for everyone’s tastes. Wine, beer and water, as well as tea and coffee will also be available – no need to bring a thing!
- After lunch we’ll be going back to Burrawang Pub (our local!) for drinks. The pub has a courtesy bus that can take you back to your accommodation, or home if you live nearby.
- On the day we encourage you to share photos, etc on Facebook and Instagram – use the hashtag #abbeydorewedding. We are @abbeydore115 and @lyndakelly61 on Instagram so feel free to follow us if you don’t already. The Barn is also on Insta @wildwoodhill
- Also use the hashtags #emptyesky and #spendwiththem if you’re staying the weekend to show your support for our local tourism sector
Why not take a short break and spend Saturday and Sunday nights in the region, especially given that the bushfires have affected tourism in our area quite significantly. The Southern Highlands is a great place to visit with plenty to see, do, eat and drink, with the added bonus of being not far from Sydney. Spend up big and use the hashtags #emptyesky and #spendwiththem
It is best to stay either in Bowral, Robertson, Burrawang or Fitzroy Falls. We live in Avoca and the Barn is in East Kangaloon (five minutes from Robertson, 20 from Bowral / Moss Vale / Fitzroy Falls / Burrawang).
- Burrawang Village Hotel – basic pub accommodation with shared bathrooms. A great place to stay and our favourite local watering station. Rooms are filling up so need to be quick!
- Robertson Public House – pub in Robbo, also shared bathrooms but nice and close to venue.
- Laurel View Farmstay – three bedrooms, also close to venue, would suit three couples.
- Black Swan Lodge – ditto to above (slightly cheaper…)
- Foxton Park – has a range of accommodation options in a beautiful location.
- Destination Southern Highlands – has an accommodation section on their website where you can search and book. Make sure you don’t venture beyond Bowral, Robertson, Burrawang or Fitzroy Falls as you’ll be too far away!
- Airbnb also has a good selection of accommodation options but note that Kangaroo Valley and Berry often come up on an Airbnb searches for our region but they are too far away – book areas suggested above.
NEED TO KNOW MORE?
If you have any further questions please feel free to email us: email@example.com